Note: Audio is placed below the main text, when available.
Copyright Lawsuit: Imam Appears for Discovery and Ends the Case - 2010-10-15
2010-10-15: Heritage news was able to speak briefly with the defendants to ask our burning questions: Did the discovery happen? How long? What was accepted by whom? What was not mentioned? What were the main messages? Here are some answers:
- The discovery did happen, Hazar Imam arrived at 10:40am. Mr Gray brought also the real Plaintiffs Sachedina and Manji. {there was no Affidavit from H.H. The Aga Khan in this case which was solely supported by Affidavit from Sachedina and Bhaloo unauthorised by the Imam according to their own sworn replies at previously held Discoveries]
- The meeting lasted a half-hour of which nothing from the Imam was on the record as Mr Gray put everything off record without authorisation from Mr Tajdin..
- Nagib asked no questions. Questions were already given in advance, the main question being was he instructed by the Imam to publish Farmans. Imam said he was looking for competent people in 1992 and he remembered very well the Mehmani. When the book was presented to him, he gave instruction to continue. Imam also said he does not edit his Farmans, he annotates them and all of those can be made available to Alnaz and Nagib if they wish.
- Imam said to put this matter to rest and consent to judgment and later said that it would be nice if allegations of forgery against his staff were withdrawn.
- Imam said "we will work together" and we will meet again.
- Imam said that copies already bought by murids can be kept by them and do not have to be returned.
- Both Nagib Tajdin and Alnaz Jiwa asked for forgiveness more than once for bringing him to that meeting, and each time Imam said everything is forgotten.
- Nagib said he was taking full responsibility for the publication and Alnaz had not participated in the publication, and Imam said he knows.
- The meeting ended with warm greetings and smiles. Imam left happy, saying "we will meet and work together". "Khouda Hafiz".
As users are asking to read the letters from Nagib and Alnaz on the court docket, the latest have been attached on the following link:
- Printer-friendly version
- 51067 reads
Recent Articles
Toronto lawyer, Aga Khan call truce - 2010-10-25
Posted October 26th, 2010 by heritageA Toronto lawyer who settled a copyright dispute with the Aga Khan says he has no regrets about how the high-profile case played out.
Alnaz Jiwa had previously refused to believe the Aga Khan was the man behind the action requesting he halt distribution of unauthorized copies of the imam’s teachings but at a face-to-face meeting in Toronto on Oct. 15, he got the message straight from the source.
“If he doesn’t want us to do something, there is no way I am going to do it,” Jiwa tells Law Times.
- Read more
- 15074 reads
All Related Articles
News Article | Toronto lawyer, Aga Khan call truce - 2010-10-25 | www.lawtimesnews.com |
Comments